How to create an Olioboard:
- Go to Olioboard.com and create an account
- Go to lazboy.com/screentest and screen test your sofa
- Right click on the sofa image and select Save As
- Select the folder where you would like to save the image (You may also at the ‘Add to Olioboard’ button to your browser. You will find instructions here)
- Click Open, Name the image and Save to your folder. Repeat with all your upholstery pieces
- Continue the same process with other vendor websites. You may also search for an image using Google Images. When using Google Images always name your product, otherwise it will not properly save
- Always select the photo with a white background instead of image with product shown in a vignette. If image is too fuzzy from a vendor, go to Google Image Search to look for a higher resolution image
- Once all your product is saved from all your vendors go to Olioboard.com
- At top of page click Create.
- Click the My Items tab on the right side of your screen
- If you used the Add to Olioboard button on your browser, your items will be loaded to your library
- If you have your images saved to a folder, click Upload Item
- Click Add Images
- Select the image(s) from you folder to upload (You can upload several photos at a time by using Ctrl/A)
- Click Upload Items (Item will be highlighted in green as it is uploaded)
- It will switch to another screen to name and tag items. Add details to your item. The Name field is a required field
- In the Tag field, enter your project name. This allows you to pull up only that images that you need for a specific project
- Click Save
- You will be returned to your Olioboard page
- Click My Items and you will see the images you uploaded in your library
- To create a specific client presentation, Click on Search, then enter the project name you entered into the tag field
- For live presentations, it is important to only have the images on your screen that pertain to the project you are presenting, or it may cause confusion with the client
- Now to create an Olioboard…drag product unto area. Enlarge the piece and begin layering to create your Olioboard. Finish Oliboard, Save Draft and name the Olioboard.
- Click Publish, Finished and go to Olioboards
- To Print, pull up your Olioboard, click Print and it will print a smaller Olioboard along with thumbnails of all product from the board. If tagged correctly, this can be a list for your sales associate to use for pricing for your client
- To print Olioboard only, Save to the folder on your computer, Open and Print
For a visual tutorial on how to use Olioboard, watch the video below. To find more advanced tutorials, visit the Olioboard YouTube Channel.
For additional questions on Design and Technology or to sign up for It’s All In The Box – In-Home Design Training for your market, contact Julie Coleman.