Emerald Green is so 2013! Say Hello to Radiant Orchid – Pantone’s Color of the Year 2014.
Every color has an inherit meaning and Radiant Orchid intends to spark our imagination. It denotes creativity, innovation and originality. It’s a color that encourages people to be inventive. According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute® , “Radiant Orchid is an enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
Fashion designers already started working in this hue believing that Radiant Orchid’s rosy undertones radiate the skin, producing a healthy glow when worn by both men and women. The color is definitely beautiful in any form and shape.
At this point, you might be asking, “How in the world does Pantone come up with this stuff?” Well, their choice is not random. They spend months researching market trends, consumer color preferences and many other factors. They literally comb the world looking for color influences to predict the upcoming trend. If you are choosing flowers for your garden, buying new clothes, or decorating your house, this might be a fun color to consider this year. You will see Radiant Orchid everywhere!
- Add a pop of it: Scared to go full-board? Use Radiant Orchid in small doses. Find small accessories like pillows, a throw or even a lamp that include a bit of this bold hue.
- Use it in a small space, like a powder room.
- Radiant orchid looks best paired with darker flooring. If you aren’t lucky enough to have the right floors to match, use a darker area rug with little to no pattern.
- Pair it with neutrals like white, cream or black.
- Go big or go home! Wrap your whole room in a few gallons of Radiant Orchid and pair it with other bold colors like orange or turquoise.